Minecraft is a Java multi-player game. It allows players to construct their own world with 3d cube texture. It comes with different modes – such as ‘survival mode’ that is all about to maintaining health and hunger with collected resources. It is also available on Android and on IOS .
If you are addicted to Minecraft and wish to play a game with your friend on your own server that has its own rules, then follow the steps below to run Minecraft on your own server:
- To create a server first download the Mincraft server setup and copy Minecraft_Server.exe into a different folder.
- Run server installer. It will download a few files on the same folder that could help to configure your server.
- open server.properties in notepad and set your server name, max-player and check your port (which is usually 25565 by default).
- Go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm find your Internet Modem or router and select minecraft in softwares and follow the port forwarding guide.
- Test your port from any software or from the online web. Make sure your firwall is closed.
- Tell your friend to connect to your server with your WAN ip addres with port that you could find on http://whatismyip.com and connect to server.
I posted a few easy steps and after following them I hope you can enjoy playing multiplayer with your friends. The hardest thing in all is portforwarding which confuses players, but I think after following the guide on http://portforward.com you will be succesfull in it.